Following numerous spectator injuries and even death, backstop fences have been considered to be very vital and even essential, in baseball arenas. A backstop is a fence behind the Homeplate that serves the purpose of protecting spectators from foul balls or wild pitches. This specific seating area is so risky it was previously coined as the “slaughter pen.” Backstops are also common in basketball courts and softball arenas for the same purpose of spectator security.
Our backstop fences are of chain-link material which is considerably a very strong material especially in terms of receiving impact (can withstand the impact of a fastball which can go as fast as 100 miles per hour). The common dimensions for backstop fences are 50 mm chain-link mesh size, and not less than 4.88 m in fence height. Other than the backstop fence, we also offer installation of the following baseball/softball fences:
- Outfield fence – protects the people and objects outside the fence; the height must be increased accordingly
- Player bench protective fence – installed in front of the on-grade player’s bench and below-grade dugouts
- Spectator protective fence – protects the spectators of the game located on the highest point of the bleachers
- Foul line fence – protects the fielder from distractions
- Gates – for access regulation
- Fence fittings – posts, rails, and braces for chain-link fence
Each of these installations use chain-link materials as well, with varying sizes of the chain-link mesh, the height and the wire gauge. Pricing will be quoted after consultation.
Fence Company Jackson offers comprehensive services that includes, planning, actual installation and even maintenance services for your fence. All the while, keeping its costing reasonable and one of the best priced in the market today. Servicing Jackson, Mississippi and all its surrounding areas, connect with the best of Jackson’s fence experts. Talk to our professional team today and get your free quote! Reach us by dialing 601-476-1207.